Thursday 28 June 2018

Can a file transfer to a USB pen drive be tracked in windows 7?


My office is a normal one with many PCs connected in LAN. I want to bring few videos that I have downloaded over there when I am free. I want to use pen drive and copy it. I do not intend to do any harm by stealing their intellectual property but I just need my downloaded material which is over 4 GB. I want to know whether there are any chances of getting tracked if I copy my downloaded material because normally pen drives are not allowed in office. I am having Windows 7 on my PC.


Note: Again I would repeat there are no negative intentions behind this. I just need my training videos no more. So do not start downvoting me or close my question without realising my intentions.



Answer



Technically, if it is the company's computer, they have the ability to track your every movement, if they want to. This doesn't mean they do, just that they could. My recommendation is to check with your manager or whoever is in charge and see if they mind you doing it. If there are no bad intentions, then they might give you permission to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...