Saturday 30 June 2018

Some Windows System files cannot be deleted


When I used to be a kid instead of formatting I used to delete everything in my hard-disk.


When try to delete all the files from my Windows installed hard-drive some system files remains un-deleted. Even after installing another fresh copy of Windows (without formatting the drive) the files remain there un-deleted and when I try to manually delete them the system says "access denied" (don't remember the error message).


How can I delete these system Files ?



Answer



Although formatting the hard drive before an installation of a new Operating System is best and I highly recommend it, you can delete files that windows doesn't want deleted by taking ownership of the file and then deleting it. This is how you take ownership of a file:





  • Right click the file, select properties, and then the security tab.




  • Select then Advanced at the bottom of the window and then the tab owner.




  • Select Edit and then select the user you want to give permission to (either yourself or administrators)




  • Select Apply and then ok. Select ok and everything else so that all dialog boxes are closed.




  • Bring up the properties of the file again, and then select edit.




  • Select either the Users group or the Adminstrators group according to what you selected earlier.




  • Click the box below "Allow" and next to "Full Control"




You can then delete the files necessary.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...