Saturday 30 June 2018

Red icons appears in all drives Windows 7


Today, in all my drives in Windows 7 appeared a red icon. I try to delete the IconCache.db but doesn't work.


Drives with Red Icons in My Desktop



Answer



Update: it's caused by a change in the Windows system by the updates in combination with Dropbox. The Dropbox icon from folders is used on all devices. To fix it whithout deinstalling Dropbox I just removed the overlay icons (which I never bothered about):


Use the RegEdit to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers


You will see a couple of " DropboxExt0x" entries (01-10 for me). You can export a Backup from the whole "ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers" entry and then delete the Dropbox ones. After a restart the issue is fixed (for now).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...