Friday 29 June 2018

Access Denied to "Documents and Settings" on Vista


Please help me before I defenestrate my computer!


I'm trying to browse to folder "c:/Documents and settings" on my MS Vista-machine and I keep getting an access denied window. Where do I change the settings so that I can access all folders on my computer.


Facts: I'm the administrator and only user on this computer, and I have turned user account control off.


Have searched superuser for a solution, but in my agitated state I may well have missed the answer.


Thanks folks!



Answer



You can't open "Documents and settings" in Vista. In fact it doesn't exist anymore. It's just a pointer to the new location which you will find under c:\users.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...