Thursday 28 June 2018

iso image - Can a virus infect an ISO file?


I feel that it's going to be very difficult for a virus to infect an ISO file. What's your experience? Have you seen it happening ever? Is it not nearly unlikely?


I ask because I've just found that my computer is infected and I wish to salvage as much stuff as possible. So I was wondering if I could keep my ISO files.



Answer



I doubt that a typical virus would inject itself into an ISO. Note that if your ISO contains a virus already (e.g. the file was infected then put into the ISO) then you'll have issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...