Thursday 28 June 2018

microsoft excel - Run formula from different sheet

Can you run formulas from different sheets? (not simply showing the formula as a string/static text)


Say I type



=Sheet1!A1



where in that cell I have a formula



=concatenate(ice&cream)



Here's what I want to see as a result



icecream



But instead of this, I get the same =concatenate(ice&cream) function as a text string.


In my particular case the concatenate function creates an IMPORTXML formula from these 3 columns:


Column 1 (B5):



IMPORTXML(url,"//*/div[2]/div[1]/div/div/div[



Column 2 (C5):



1



Column 3 (D5):



]/div/div/div[1]/h4/a/@href")



Column 4 (E5):



=CONCATENATE("=", B5, C5, D5)



And returns as a result:



=IMPORTXML(url,"//*/div[2]/div[1]/div/div/div[ 1 ]/div/div/div[1]/h4/a/@href")



which extracts a piece of data from http://website.com. I need the IMPORTXML formula to run and give me the piece of data, not return the same formula as static text.


NOTE: I use Google Sheets so the simpler the answer the better (i.e. no macros or other tools if possible) Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...