Friday 22 June 2018

multiple monitors - How can I choose where new application windows open?


I have a new docking station and monitor for my Windows XP work laptop. I've set it up so my monitor is the primary display and the laptop display is secondary.


However I have an irritating problem: every time I open a new application it opens on the laptop's screen even though it's secondary. Can I fix it somehow to always open on the primary monitor? Even an explanation why this is happening would be helpful even if it cannot be fixed!


The display adapter is an NVIDIA Quatro FX 880M. The laptop is a Lenovo W510.


EDIT: I messed around with my KVM switch. Now all of a sudden the icons moved to the secondary display in the desktop but now ALL the programs open in the right window. Ridiculous but now it works.



Answer



Okay, seems like you can configure all kinds of thins from the Nvidia Control panel. I got everything now working perfectly. I used the Nvidia Display wizard to set support for multiple screens. I also found from there how to set different color settings for different screens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...