Sunday 24 June 2018

windows 7 - Screen is black at login screen if display driver is enabled

I have a Lenovo x200 and recently its screen didn't work, so I took it to a repair lab. The guy told me they replaced the screen inverter. I powered up the laptop and the ThinkPad logo was shown, so I was happy. When I got home the computer would boot up, then instead of the logon screen, I got a black screen. Went to safe mode, disabled the display adapters, reset the computer, and I got a clean boot. Then I tried to reinstall the drivers, and it just led to the same condition. My video card is (from device manager): Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.


Now my laptop works as I'm working with display drivers disabled, but without display drivers I can't watch movies, etc. Any solution to this problem?


Edit: I plugged in an external monitor and it works on it with display drivers enabled. However, it does not find the laptop monitor.


Edit 2: I tried every solution suggested here, except going back to the repair lab, as I left for a trip abroad when this happened and it seemed quite a while has passed, so I figured they wouldn't hold themselves accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...