Friday 29 June 2018

wireless networking - Will my device lose connection when switching to a different channel on the same SSID?


I am considering setting up a second router as an access point. The routers will broadcast on different channels. Will this cause any problems, e.g. a non-continuous connection?



Answer



Assuming you plan to connect the two routers with an Ethernet cable (LAN-to-LAN), that is the correct way to do it. The channels should be different. The SSID, encryption mode, and keys should be the same. Make sure to disable DHCP in the new router and don't use its Internet/WAN connection.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...