Saturday 30 June 2018

windows 7 - Cannot access the shared folder

There is a shared drive in our university where anyone can share files. I had mapped this as a network drive on my computer earlier but cannot access it anymore. I am using Windows 7.


When I put the given IP (\\10.3.20.20) in run command, it says Windows cannot access \\10.3.20.20 with the Error code: 0x80070035


Success



  1. Everyone else can open it easily

  2. I can ping it

  3. I can open it in WinSCP

  4. net view \\10.3.20.20 works fine (shows Samba Server Version 3.0.33-3.7.el5) and gives the list of all folders in it

  5. I can open it from Windows XP installation from the same computer

  6. My browser works fine


Error



  1. net use \\10.3.20.20 returns System error 53 has occurred.

  2. Tried opening this from run

  3. Tried opening it in explorer

  4. I tried to map the network to a drive I got the same error message.

  5. Tried accessing a folder on this location

  6. I have turned off my firewall and anti-virus, this didn't help.


I live in a hostel, onsite of a university campus, and I'm trying to connect to my uni computer from the hostel. It is here where it fails. I cannot connect to the shared folders on my own workstation within the university from the hostel!


I can RDP into the workstation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...