Wednesday 27 June 2018

Date format worldwide in Excel

On a Mac Mountain Lion, US locales, I'm working on a Spreadsheet with macros like


TEXT(TODAY(), "yyyy-mm-dd")&" is the date"

The problem is that the sheet is also used on computers set with French locale, where the macro expects


TEXT(TODAY(), "aaaa-mm-jj")&" is the date"

and displays #VALUE (since a is for annee/year and j is for jour/day in French, not y and d).


Is there a way - macro style - to make this "yyyy-mm-dd" format more international, or to force Excel to use the "ymd" format even on a Mac using French locale?


(if possible doing this in the same cell, ie without adding a new cell having a date inside then referenced in the displayed cell, since I want to modify the sheet as less as possible)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...