Wednesday 27 June 2018

command line - Invoke zsh, then *source* another file (while entering interactive mode)

This question is of course related, but different to the one about executing a command.


That questions’ solutions involve either starting a subshell – which isn’t possible due to the requirement of sourcing instead of executing – or modifying your ~/.zshrc, which isn’t possible if you want to distribute a script that does it. (Or rather modifying the user’s config files is a thing you just don’t do)


The problem is that with zsh there is no --init-file parameter like bash has (the first time ever i saw bash having a feature that zsh hasn’t)


I’ll provide an answer with my question, but it’s reeeaaallly ugly, and I hope someone knows a trick to circumvent it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...