Saturday 30 June 2018

windows 8 - Why does my downloads folder take so long to load?


When I open my downloads folder, no files appear, just a message saying "This folder is empty". I see the address bar progress slowly creeping along, and after about thirty seconds the files and folders appear. This problem only occurs in the downloads folder. If I search for a file in the downloads folder, it comes up, and if I right click on it and select "Open File Location", everything shows up instantly. I am using Windows 8, but I think I had a similar problem once in Windows 7. Sadly I can't remember how I fixed it.



Answer



By default, the Downloads folder tries to index files as Pictures, which is taking a long time.


From here:



  1. Right click your Downloads folder

  2. Go to Customize

  3. Select Document or General items from the drop down

  4. If Document was already selected, choose Also apply this template to all subfolders


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...