Saturday 23 June 2018

Microsoft Optical mouse - cursor moves


I have that mouse connected to my thinkpad via usb. It has worked for years. Recently when I have the mouse inactive over text, at times the cursor begins to move to the left in little short regular bursts.


As the computer is new I'm not sure if this is a mouse problem, usb connection problem or a computer ptoblem.


Any direction will be appreciated.


EDIT: I tried everything but the obvious. I had a dark surface for the mouse to be on. I changed the colour of the surface - problem solved.


Thanks everyone.



Answer



I think you should use a Plain coloured/ Single coloured mouse pad


Imagine a Black and White mouse pad. Your optical lens is on the white part. When you move the mouse to the black part the sensor senses depth and thats why the cursor moves irregular.


Try it,it should work


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...