Wednesday 6 June 2018

windows 8 - Is my mobile AMD card being used?


I have a new Sony E Series Vaio with an intel i5 and an AMD 7xxx mobile card. Despite making sure sure my app (game) is set to High Performance in switchable gfx and choosing high performance power plan I'm not entirely convinced the gfx card is being used over the CPU's HD4000 chipset. Is there anyway I can prove for sure the AMD card is being used?


thanks for reading


(OS is Win8 64bit)



Answer



Run the AMD Catalyst Center, go to the "switchable Graphic Application settings", click on "Add application" and select the exe of the game and set it to high performance.


Now download the tool call OpenHardwareMonitor and add the AMD Radeon HD7700 settings to the Gadget. if the GPU is not used you see this:


enter image description here


If the GPU is used you see this:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...