Wednesday 6 June 2018

How to install security updates after "Upgrade to Windows 10" hijacks Windows Update?

EDIT: Future visitors - the cited duplicate is not a duplicate. Ignore Ramhound's (and other's) claims. This is not a question about removing Get Windows 10 malware because it keeps returning. Instead, its a question about installing the security updates after Get Windows 10 malware hijacks the update process.




Patch Tuesday was yesterday. My Windows 7 machine took about 10 or 15 security updates. I attempted to install the updates on my mother's Windows 7 machine, but it appears GWX.exe has returned. The malware has gotten more aggressive, and it has hijacked the Windows Update process. (I've already removed it completely twice).


enter image description here


I visited Show all available updates and selected all the updates. But when I clicked Ok and returned to install screen, the malware was still controlling the screen, and there was no Install updates like I am used to seeing.


I also clicked the Get Started button (with an immediate exit) hoping I could dismiss the malware, but it did not return control of the update process to me.


How do I install the outstanding Windows Updates?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...