Friday 1 June 2018

keyboard shortcuts - Is there a key combination to cycle through clipboard history when pasting in windows?


In Visual Studio, I can cycle through my clipboard history by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+V rather than CTRL+V. I believe it's called a clipboard ring. But that feature doesn't seem to exist outside of Visual Studio, at least not with the same key combination. Is there a key stroke combination built in to windows to do the same, i.e. be able to cycle through your clipboard history while pasting?



Answer



Windows (7 and previous versions) does not have such a built-in clipboard management feature; but you might want to read the following article:


http://lifehacker.com/5298615/five-best-clipboard-managers


I recommend ditto and clipX.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...