Friday 1 June 2018

linux - Echo/Pipe command output to Serial line

I have a serial device running on 115200 baud at /dev/ttyUSB0. I need to Pipe the output of a command to it. I Need somthing like:


command-that-gives-stdout | command-that-puts-stdin-to-serial --baud 115200 /dev/ttyUSB0

Thanks Ahead for your help!


Additional info:
I have a grbl Sheild runing off of an arduino. It controlls a CNC machine. I Can send GCode to the arduino via the serial connection (/dev/ttyUSB0 running on 115200 baud). I normally send gcode via the arduino ide's serial monitor. I have Several python files for generating gcode, and they output to the stdout. I could just copy&paste the gcode, but a lot of people that will be using it may get confused by this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...