Friday 15 June 2018

Hyperlink to jump to another cell in Excel

I am using MS Excel 2007 (previously familiar with Excel 2003). I create a simple hyperlink in cell A1 (in sheet Sheet1) so when I click cell A1, the cursor moves to cell B10. It's very easy, no problem with that (right click in cell A1, choose hyperlink and so on).


The problem arises when I rename the tab, the hyperlink won't work, warning "Reference is not valid", then I have to edit the hyperlink to make it work. The problem also arises when I copy the sheet (new sheet named Sheet1 (2)), if I click cell A1, it directs me to cell B10 in Sheet1 instead of cell B10 in the new sheet (Sheet1 (2)). Again I have to edit the hyperlink to make it work.


Is there a way to prevent me from editing the hyperlink each time I rename the tab or copy the link to another sheet (make it 'relative' instead of 'absolute')?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...