Friday 15 June 2018

hard drive - M.2 SSD not recognized by Windows 7 Ult installation

I've installed a Crucial M500 480GB SSD in the M.2 slot on an ASRock Z87 Extreme6 motherboard. When I try to install Windows 7 Ult on it, the drive doesn't show; but with diskpart, it shows as drive 0 (which I can select). When I list the volumes, the Blu-Ray drive shows as volume 0 and the SSD as volume 1 (in both cases the SSD shows with size 0).


All interactions I've tried on the SSD result in:
Virtual Disk Service error: There is no media in the device.


How can i get around this and install Windows on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...