Tuesday 19 June 2018

How can I change password for multiple credentials in Windows Vault (a.k.a. Credential Manager)?

My Windows 7 laptop is not joined to my company's Active Directory domain. However, I connect to a number of resources on the domain, including intranet sites, file shares, and TFS. Every three months, my company makes me change my password.


I've discovered that Windows 7 has a Credential Manager where I can go in and edit stored passwords. However, by the time I change my password I have at least a dozen different credentials to edit. Note that each credential has the same "domain\user" format user name.


Is there a way to change the password for every credential with the same user name?


I think the problem is more acute with file shares and TFS, where I seem to just get denied access. With intranet sites I at least get prompted by Internet Explorer to change my password (albeit repeatedly for each one I access).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...