Saturday 16 June 2018

hard drive - can't back 1TB disk up because it is *one sector* too short?

I love Clonezilla. I have been using it to make an exact copy of my laptop's 1TB-hard drive into a 1TB-external USB drive. It worked perfectly for for a few years.


But now I bought another 1TB, external USB drive (Seagate expansion) and Clonezilla does not let me make the back up because... the USB disk has one less sector!!!???


I you can not believe it (as I couldn't at first), I attach (link) a screen capture.


https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4bwa492210duh3/clonezilla.jpg?dl=0


I tried not to copy the boot loader (which is around 400 bytes anyway) but didn't work. Also tried formatting the USB disk with different options, no success.


What can I do? Please! I bought the USB disk only for this purpose, if it doesn't work then the disk is somewhat useless... Or it is just bad luck? :(


By the way I didn't find /var/log/clonezilla.log to show you. I'm using linux mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...