Tuesday 1 May 2018

What would cause strange characters to appear in terminal ? É


I have vagrant vm running inside my mac.


I accidentally redirected the output of rpm2cpio to standard out. I quickly canceled it, but now my keyboard has remapped some of the keys.


ÄvagrantÉus-devops-build02 üÅ$ ÄÅÄö\

The following keys have been remapped


[ = ä
] = Å
\ = ö
ctrl + c = ÜC


The shell name shows


ÄvagrantÉus-devops-build02

I've logged out and then logged back in with the same results


Anyone know why these keys would have been remapped?



Answer



That is the default layout for a Finnish language (suomi) keyboard. Not sure how you managed that unless your localization changed. I suggest Vagrant destroy!


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...