Monday 28 May 2018

ubuntu - Reinstalling Windows 7 Bootloader

On a computer running windows 7, I created a new partition and installed Ubuntu on the empty partition. Then in windows, I deleted the partition that ubuntu was installed on. After restarting my computer, I get an error:


error: no such partition


It sounds like when ubuntu was installed, it wrote over the windows bootloader, and I deleted the partition that Ubuntu's was on.


It sounds like I can reinstall the windows bootloader using a windows 7 disk, but will this erase the data that was on the windows partition? If it does, is there any way to recover that data?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...