Tuesday 22 May 2018

linux - How can I make my browser lie about my operating system?

I'm using Chromium (Version 30.0.1599.114 Ubuntu 12.10) under Linux. I'm trying to access a website that claims that it doesn't work under Linux. Of course, this is most likely crazy since the web is platform-independent (unless they're using some kind of evil plug-in).


I've used a user agent switcher to supply a Windows user agent, but to no avail. Upon viewing the source, it appears that the site is using Javascript to determine the operating system. I'm looking for a way to get my browser to report in Javascript that it is Windows or MacOS.


Do you know how to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...