Monday 28 May 2018

Windows 7: The ARP entry addition failed: Access is denied


I'm on Windows 7 and am trying to assign a static arp entry for my default gateway using the command:


arp -s 172.24.7.254 00-05-01-f9-28-00 172.24.1.20

But I get the following error:


The ARP entry addition failed: Access is denied.

When I don't mention my ip-address at the end, the static ip gets assigned for the virtual interface created automatically for virtualbox. I'm using an elevated prompt. I'll be grateful for suggestions. Thanks.



Answer



Here is what I found and it works great


arp -s : access denied. On the default gateway


Here is what I used :


delete:


netsh interface ip delete neighbors "Network card name here" "Gateway.IP.goes.here"

Add:


netsh interface ip add neighbors "Network card name here" "Gateway.IP.goes.here" "MAC-address-of-gateway-with-dash-here"

good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...