Thursday 31 May 2018

linux - Upgrade to ubuntu 13.04 from 12.04 with iso image

I have ubuntu 12.04 installed on my system. I want to upgrade it to ubuntu 13.04. I want to do this upgrade using an iso image of ubuntu 13.04.


I tried this Solution


But it didn't work for me.


After running these command I didn't get any alerts about updating. Also I don't understand the gksu part of the solution.


Here are the steps I tried:


sudo mount -t iso9660 -o loop PATH/TO/ISO /cdrom

then


sudo /cdrom/cdromupgrade

Read more: http://linuxpoison.blogspot.tw/2011/06/how-to-upgrade-ubuntu-using-alternate.html#ixzz2SFMqlOPx


I also wanted to know, If I can do this using a networked computer. By this I mean the iso file is on some other computer.


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...