Wednesday 23 May 2018

Hotkey to switch between multiple displays in Windows 8.1


I have a PC with a monitor. My PC is connected to my TV via HDMI. When I watch movies I use TV screen. For work and gaming I use my monitor.


I have to open "Screen Resolution" window and select "Show desktop only X" option there in order to switch between my monitor and TV.


I do this often thus a hotkey would be very practical.


Is there any built-in hotkey in Windows 8.1 for this purpose?


If no, can you suggest an alternative method, please?



Answer



In Windows 7/8/10 you can use Windows Key+P to switch between display options which will behave similarly to pressing Alt+Tab


This can be first observed in Windows 7




Full list of shortcuts and hot keys can be found here:


http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/keyboard-shortcuts#keyboard-shortcuts=windows-8


Specifically under the section called Windows logo key keyboard shortcuts


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...