Saturday 26 May 2018

PC powers up then switches off within a few seconds


I have a desktop PC that is now refusing to switch on properly. The fan will come on, but then about 3 to 5 seconds later it shuts down. Pressing the power on button a second time does nothing, not even getting few seconds of the fan running. But if I pull out the power cable and plug it in again, then the power on button does work again - though again only for a few seconds.


Any ideas?



Answer



As other have said, lower the load. Try with only motherboard and HDD connected. Also, check the inside of your computer for any places where exposed wires or solder joints may touch the case. To me it looks like the problem may be short-circuit protection kicking in after few seconds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...