Monday 21 May 2018

macos - Setting up VNC on Mac OS X


I have setup "Remote Management" on a Mac OS X system (running 10.5.8). Trying to connect with a VNC client results in messages like "No supported authentication types" (VineViewer) or "Unknown authType" (Chicken of the VNC).


It's not a firewall issue, since I opened that up. Any suggestions, ideas?


Edit Same issue happens whether I try to connect from the machine itself or from another machine that can ping it.



Answer



I think you have to enable Screen Sharing instead of Remote Management, to enable VNC access.


FYI: there's an integrated VNC viewer in OS X:



  1. Open the Finder a

  2. Hit cmd-K or select Connect to Server from the Go Menu in the Menubar.

  3. Enter vnc://ip.of.remote.machine and click connect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...