Wednesday 30 May 2018

partitioning - How to turn off System Restore and remove System Volume Information folders in Windows?


I met the same problem of not being able to shrink the Windows OS partition C: as much as I plan to due to unmovable files.


Having learned from this post, I would like to "turn System Restore off and remove System Volume Information folders". So I was wondering where and how I can "turn System Restore off and remov System Volume Information folders"?


This is the only way I can find out to solve my problem. If you have other way please let me know.



Answer



To turn off System Restore (Protection) in Windows 7:


From Microsoft:



  1. Open System by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.

  2. In the left pane, click System Protection. Administrator permission is required if you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

  3. To turn on System Protection for a hard disk, select the check box next to the disk, and then click OK. – or – To turn off System Protection for a hard disk, clear the check box next to the disk, and then click OK.


To remove the System Volume Information folders, which I believe are unremovable in Windows:



  1. Download an Ubuntu Live CD

  2. Burn it

  3. Boot from the CD

  4. After boot, open up the drive in the Ubuntu desktop, highlight and delete the folder.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...