Tuesday 22 May 2018

video - How can I play a FLV file in Windows Media Player?


I'd like to play Flash video or "FLV" files in Windows Media Player. I've done this before using codec packs like K-Lite and CCCP, but I've found they cause too many problems and I'd really like to avoid these.


I've also seen PlayFLV, but this pre-dates Flash support for H.264 and that's kinda required these days.


So are there other codec options available? Ideally there would also be thumbnail support with the codec.


NB: Using another video player is not an option to me -- I like WMP, I just want to know the best codec for the job.



Answer



You should try ffdshow - Media player may still give you an error, but it should play the file with no problem. Also, are you positive media player is completely updated?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...