Wednesday 30 May 2018

64 bit - Can I upgrade from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 7 64 bit without reinstalling all of my software?




Possible Duplicate:
When reinstalling Windows 7, does the language, version, architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) or source (OEM, retail, or MSDN) matter?



I'm getting a new PC soon and thinking that I'll start with Win 7/32 bit then upgrade later (if needed) to 64 bit and add RAM (beyond 4 GB).


Is this fairly easy to do?



Answer



No.


X86/32-bit to X64/64 bit is not supported in any version of Windows through either upgrade or anytime upgrade.


Your only option would be to do a fresh install - however, if I was you, you should format the drive first to really get a fresh start.


You can however use Windows Easy Transfer which should make it easy to transfer your documents and reinstall your programs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...