Wednesday 30 May 2018

multi boot - Windows system drive letter changed after repair install

yesterday I did a repair install, because Windows froze on welcome screen after resizing its partition on a dual boot system. corresponding question


Everything worked fine so far, but now I am facing another challenge: The Windows drive letter changed from G: to C:, so that most programs, including drivers, firewall and virus scanner do not work anymore. I tried to reinstall the virus scanner, but the uninstaller said, that drive G: is not available.


What to do now, to get all programs running again? Is it possible, to rename C: to G: or will that mess up my system?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...