Saturday 26 May 2018

Is it possible to add volume controls & shortcut keys to a mechanical keyboard which does not have the keys?


I am going to purchase a mechanical keyboard, but it will contain no volume controls or program short-cuts.



Assuming I purchase a plain keyboard, is there a technology available that would provide me quick access to volume controls and common programs?



Answer



You could use a generic hotkey utility like AutoHotkey to assign keyboard shortcuts (something unlikely to be used by normal applications, like Ctrl+Alt+F12) to perform your desired special functions.




Examples:


Windows+F11 increase volume:


#F11::Send {Volume_Up}

Ctrl+Alt+Numpad0 start Calculator:


^!Numpad0::Run Calc

See the linked pages for hotkey reference, changing volume.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...