Sunday 27 May 2018

unix - How to prove a file was not tampered?

So for one of my programming assignments, I used the turnin command as opposed to a class-specific binary that I was supposed to use. I didn't realize this until I found out that my assignment wasn't graded. To make matters worse, the assignment I turned in had been overwritten by my newer assignment.


So right now I have the source files that show timestamps that are clearly before the deadline. However, my instructor pointed out that I could easily manipulate the timestamps using the 'touch' command which is true. How else can I prove that the source files were not tampered with after the deadline? There has to be some way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...