Thursday 31 May 2018

Is there any practical reason to dual-boot Linux alongside Windows?

I am planning on getting an extra hard drive for my Windows tower, and am thinking about trying out Linux again as a dual-boot.


However, I can't really think of any pros to this, only cons:



  • More complicated to switch OSes. (Edit: because I have to shut down every time!)

  • Less storage space. (Edit: because the Linux partition will take up space)

  • I can already run Unix programs on Windows via Cygwin.

  • I have to store data on FAT32 instead of NTFS. (Edit: FAT32 is the only platform supported enough by Windows and Linux, yet is less reliable then NTFS.)


Is there any practical reason to do this, or should I just format the hard drive as 100% non-bootable NTFS for storage?


Now a community wiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...