Thursday 3 May 2018

encryption - Incremental (delta) backup of a encrypted data

I have several files that I need to keep encrypted on my home hard disk.


I currently use a TrueCrypt file container, currently around 100MB in size. I need to backup this file daily, and I'm looking for an incremental backup solution.


I read that on encrypted volumes even a small change in a file would change the whole volume and prevent the use of an efficient incremental backup solution. Any ideas how to backup in this case in an efficient way which would allow incremental solution?


I currently use TrueCrypt as my backup solution and CrashPlan as my backup utility, but I'm willing to experiment with alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...