Sunday 20 August 2017

NTFS write speed really slow (

When copying large files or testing writespeed with dd, the max writespeed I can get is about 12-15MB/s on drives using the NTFS filesystem. I tested multiple drives (all connected using SATA) which all got writespeeds of 100MB/s+ on Windows or when formatted with ext4, so it's not an alignment or drive issue.


top shows high cpu usage for the mount.ntfs process.


AMD dual core processor (2.2 GHz)
Kernel version: 3.5.0-23-generic
Ubuntu 12.04
ntfs-3g version: both 2012.1.15AR.1 (Ubuntu default version) and 2013.1.13AR.2


How can I fix the writespeed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...