Thursday 24 August 2017

windows - A tool for collecting system information?



I am looking for a tool that can produce a report (xml/xslt, html, pdf, etc..) of the system and all of its hardware components such as processor, speed, memory, disks, network, etc..


Any idea if such a tool exists? The more information it gives the better.



Answer



The following command is built-in to Windows:


systeminfo

It doesn't give much, but it does address your request for processor, memory, and network.


Disks can be easily queried for all sorts of info from the following built-in Windows command:


fsutil

You'll want to try fsutil that with a /? switch to see some of the options available. More specific drive information is available within diskpart, also a built-in command.


For "speed", I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Perhaps you're looking for a benchmark utility? If so, try SiSoft Sandra. The free version is available here (Go to download & buy at the top).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...