Monday 21 August 2017

usb 3 - Maximizing speed of USB 2.0 clients on USB 3.0 hub

I need to connect 2 USB 2.0 cameras and one USB 3.0 SSD to a single USB 3.0 hub. I would like both of the cameras to run at 480 Mbps and the SSD to use the rest of the bandwidth. Is this possible?


I intend to use following setup::



  • USB 3.0 hub

    • USB 3.0 SSD client

    • USB 2.0 camera client

    • USB 2.0 camera client




Will the cameras run at 2 x 480 Mbps like this? If no, is three a setup (maybe with additional USB hub) with which they will? Can I influence how much of the bandwidth each of the clients (2.0 or 3.0) uses other than by trying to control the transfers on my SW side? (so that the SSD wont use more than about 4 Gbits - not really sure how this could be done in SW now)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...