Saturday 26 August 2017

networking - Converting a P.O.T.S line to VoIP and simultaneously ringing a extension over VPN

Anyone with knowledge please help. I have analog phone service + internet at SITE 1.


I only have internet service at SITE 2.


When the phone rings at SITE 1 I would like the PC or an attached phone at SITE 2 to answer it. I also need the ability to call out from SITE 2, ultimately exiting from the SITE 1 analog service.


At both sites the PC is behind a dedicated pfSense firewall box then the respective internet modem.


I do not care if the forwarded call goes through a VPN or not. I need the cheapest and easiest way to accomplish this. But I do not want to use a third party cloud-based service or similar. I plan to set up OpenVPN-type VPN between the two sites. If it's easy to use this VPN for extending my analog line then fantastic. If it's better to avoid my VPN and just use two modem-connected devices that's fine too. I do not want 3rd party services or monthly fees. I want a closed system where all of the hardware and connections are under my direct control.


Please note, I am an absolute noob to all this. Should I use some kind voicemodem, ATA card, telephony card, or some other device(s) at one or both sites? Is there such a thing as call-forwarding to IP software that I can use, both ways?


Pretend you are explaining to a third grader. I need specific details of what connects where, using what software, if any. Thanks.


current setup


what I need

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...