Wednesday 30 August 2017

linux - How to install wireless drivers without internet access?


I have a wireless card that needs the Broadcom B4311 Rev. 1 driver but I don't have a way to download that driver since I don't have wireless access since the driver isn't installed.


I'm running Linux Mint Debian x64.



Answer



You can download a few files from another computer and install the firmware.


Ignore the wget's, just put the corresponding file in the working directory instead of launching the command.


There are instructions here http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43


For a similar chip (which probably uses the same firmware) there are more straightforward instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Laptop/Lucid/Reports/AcerAspireOneD150#Post-install%20fixes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...