Wednesday 23 August 2017

windows 7 - Does ReadyBoost really improve performance?




Possible Duplicate:
Does Windows ReadyBoost have a meaningful impact on performance?



Does using an SD card with ReadyBoost help? Would I notice any difference on a 32-bit netbook with 1 GB of RAM, running Windows 7 Starter? Should I use an 8 GB SD card, or more?



Answer



Yes, it works really well, but you have to get a 'fast enough' storage for this. It helps me a lot in my notebook. And it's good since I don't have to use a 7200 RPM HDD, nor waste money on SSD or something like this. I'm not made from money and a fast enough pendrive is dirt cheap now. Try it out with a friend's pendrive.


(I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate with 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz low-holo Gepida memory (IBM-Lenovo ThinkPad T500), dual-channel. YET, it helps a lot.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...