Tuesday 29 August 2017

wireless networking - Tips for locating my stolen computer?

I'm in a bit of a panic, my new Powerbook laptop was stolen. I had no mobile me, or security software installed on the computer. I have the MAC address of the computer as well as the serial number. Is there a hacky way to do this?


I was even thinking perhaps of trying to use bluetooth, I know I had it set to discoverable. and I know the "name" of the computer, perhaps there is app that can scan the names of bluetooh computers in the vicinity?


If there some third party you can get to scan the internet for your MAC address?


Any glimmer of hope would really help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...