Monday 28 August 2017

microsoft word - Transform linked images to embedded images


I have imported a HTML report into word by opening it (open index.html in Word) and copy / paste the result as an annex into my Doc.


It worked fine, except that all the images (200 of them) are actually links to the images on my hard drive. Hence, when I send the document to my co-workers, they don't have the images.


How can I tell MS-Word to embed these images into the document itself?


If you have the procedure to do it for one image, I might be able to record a macro or write a visual-basic macro.



Answer



I found the solution here, the keyword was "unlinking images".


Here is the procedure for Word 2007.



  1. Press Ctrl+A to select the entire document.

  2. Click the large Microsoft Office button in the top left corner, select Prepare, then click Edit Links to Files (or press Alt+E+K).
    All links should be selected—if they're not, then make sure you've saved the document as a *.doc file, OR select all the files listed by scrolling to the end of the list and then using Shift+click to select the last in the range.

  3. Select the Save picture in Document check box.

  4. Click OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...