Monday 21 August 2017

microsoft excel - Add data after clicking the button to next sheet and subsequently


I'd like to ask how to add, copy and display next to another sheet. For example, I have a data in column A on rows 1 to 4 and a button named save inside sheet 1. When I enter the save button, the data in sheet 1 will copy to sheet 2 on same column and row.


When I have new data, it will add up to to row 2 from row1 under sheet2.


The data should be like this:


Sheet1


Name Address Age Birthdate

Sheet2:


Row1:Name   Row1:Address    Row1:Age    Row1: Birth date;
Row2:Name Row2:Address Row2:Age Row2: Birth date

Answer



As you demanded I've set the Row 2 of Sheet 1 as Data Entry Row, every time you need to write data in Row 2 and Excel will add new record into Sheet 2 after existing record.


Then after Excel will Delete the new record from Row 2 in Sheet 1 and place the Cell Pointer on Cell A2, so that you can write new record.


Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim copySheet As Worksheet
Dim pasteSheet As Worksheet

Set copySheet = Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set pasteSheet = Worksheets("Sheet2")

copySheet.range("A2:D2").Copy
pasteSheet.Cells(Rows.count, 1).End(xlUp).offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial

xlPasteValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False

Worksheets("Sheet1").Rows(2).EntireRow.Delete
Range("A2").Select

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

NB: In this sample code I've used Row 2 for Data Entry, if you feel you can alter it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...