Monday 28 August 2017

ubuntu 17.04 - Deny non-root users to mount devices?

I don't like the idea of a non-root user being able to mount partitions on my system (or mount them with write-privileges to be more specific). Even though mount only works for root users, my file manager dolphin can mount partitions without root access. I came across this answer, but removing my user from plugdev didn't change anything. Then I found out that udisksctl might have to do something with it, but I couldn't find a way to disable udisksctl for users (editing /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.udisks2.policy didn't change anything), so I just renamed /usr/bin/udisksctl and restarted and... dolphin can still mount partitions.


Now my question: How can I make mounting partitions only possible for root users?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...