Wednesday 30 August 2017

Remote Desktop connection is ignoring saved credentials


I have an RDP (Remote Desktop connectin) file.
When I view/edit the file I can see that the username and password are stored in it,
but when I connect to the remote server using the file the server shows me a login prompt with empty username and password.


Does anyone know what may be the problem?
Is there a server setting that controls this behavior?



Answer



Turns out this indeed is configurable via Group Policy (in my case controlled via Windows domain). See this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281262


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...