Monday 21 August 2017

windows 7 - Automatically login and lock


I want to configure Windows 7 to login automatically after the computer is switched on. That's not because I'm lazy and don't like typing passwords. That's because I want programs that are configured to run on startup run automatically.


But I don't want everyone to see my desktop, so I want my computer to remain locked. When I'm ready to work, I just type my password and don't have to wait until all startup programs run.



Answer



Take a look at this: Auto Logon and Lock



Auto Logon to Windows and immediately Lock Workstation (Safe Mode protected too)

Auto Logon & Lock is a small utility that enables your Windows PC to automatically logon to a user account on boot and then lock the desktop so a password is still required. Some of the reasons you might want to do this are: Faster boot time. The additional post-logon start up items are also started after Windows boots. Which means when you press the power button on your PC and come back after a few minutes, its completely booted up. No need to wait for additional software to load after you logon. Automatically resume downloads etc. when your PC reboots due to a power failure or crash. On XP you could do this by installing the application as a system service. In Vista and 7, Session 0 Isolation makes using a system service a pain, not to mention it's insecure. Just put your applications in the regular Windows Start Up folder and they will be launched after the auto logon. It password protects Safe Mode as well. Existing auto logon methods leave Safe Mode unprotected. It locks the desktop before Explorer is started. Other methods auto-lock using an autorun/start up entry which leave the PC logged on and unlocked until the autorun entries are executed (which can even take several minutes).



I haven't tried it myself, but it looks like it does what you want...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...